"The heavens are proclaiming the esteem of El; and the expanse is declaring the work of His hand. Day to day pours forth speech, and night to night reveals knowledge. There is no speech, and there are no words, their voice is not heard. Their line has gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them He set up a tent for the sun, and it is like a bridegroom coming out of his room, It rejoices like a strong man to run the path. Its rising is from one end of the heavens and its circuit to the other end; and naught is hidden from its heat." ~Psalm 19:1-6
The passage in Psalms 19:4-6 indicates the tekufot is based on the cycle of the sun. The spring tekufot is used as the orientation point to determine the entire Hebrew Year.
For more information on Determining the Hebrew Day of the Spring Equinox click HERE!
Insights from 2008:
1. When Did Month 1 Begin in 2008? (A Case Study)
2. Get on Track in 2008 (With Pictures)
Insights from 2011:
1. Abib barley found in Month 1 (With Pictures)
2. Barley Update (With Pictures)
Insights from 2016:
1. The Karaite Error Made Simple
2. The Double Deception of 2016